Monday, April 2, 2007

Not just for kids...

I saw this article in this weekend's New York Times (reading the Times isn't something that I usually do - and I found it to be a surprisingly messy endeavor - esp. given that I was sitting in the middle seat of a totally packed airplane for most of my reading experience). I trust that the digital version will result in less black smudges on people's computers ;)

From the NYTimes: Video Games Conquer Retirees

I especially liked the part about the Wii Senior Bowling league. With more inclusion of different types of gamers I suspect that there are opportunities for new diversity and innovation in game-making. Gaming fun doesn't have to stop when people hit puberty - and its inspiring to see how games are able to help conquer technology phobias that folks who didn't grow up with computers often have.

No comments: